Friday, November 21, 2008

Porch Boy Update

My boy is starting to behave a little bit more like his old wonderful loving self. Last night he chose to come to bed with me, Tater, & Trip rather than stay in the crate. And this morning and this evening while on our walks he chose to lead the way with Trip rather than hang back behind me like he had done. He even wanted to play tug-o-war with Gina. But when Trip tried to engage him in a game of Nascar race, he snarled and snapped at him. Not quite back to that level of play yet!

I'd say he's about 72% back to normal. The swelling has virtually disappeared from his belly, but now the hernia is quite pronounced. It's about the size of a pea right above where the worst bite mark was near his bladder. I've got an appointment to take him to the vet on Tuesday morning to check it out. Dr. May says that it could resolve without treatment, or need just a stitch or two, or might require surgery.Would appreciate your prayers that he won't have to undergo surgery to repair it.

6 comments:

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with Porch Boy. It does sound like he is getting better. We did a post tonight and told the DWB community about what happened and gave them your blog address.

Sarah (the Mommy) & Mona too!!

Lacy said...

w00f's Pups, me iz a friend of mona and the mommy, and she saided u gotted hurt..me iz soo sorry that mean ole doggie attacked u, porch Boy...good thing Tator wuz there to help git it off u..mama says she nos how it feels, angel lacylulu wuz attacked by a bull mastiv when she wuz young..lacy wuz skeered of big dogs till she went to the bridge this march..hope u will b ok me will keep me paws crossed and mama will keep him in her prayers..

b safe,
~rocky~

Dandy Duke said...

We're sending lots of AireZen your way, Porch Boy! We hope you feel back to your old self real soon!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Jeraine said...

Wow - Porch Boy is overwhelmed with all the words of comfort and support. He just licked me and told me to pass it on to each and every one of you!

judy said...

I'm glad to hear he's doing better.

Judy

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Porch Boy
I heard from Mona that you were attacked by a big mean dog. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. I'm glad that you are starting to heal. Hope you don't need surgery on top of what you have gone through. I'm sending you lots of doxie healing zen.
Take care little one.
Love Ruby