Sunday, May 10, 2009

On Second Thought...

It seems that Star Trek, like love, is lovelier the 2nd time around. Mom & I went to see the movie today at a regular (non-IMAX) screen and I found that much more pleasant. Special effects didn't seem nearly as overwhelming as they had upon first viewing. I enjoyed the show much more this time because it was much easier to follow the plot and I caught a lot of the nuances I had missed in the pre-screening.

I also found that I wasn't watching it to find references to Trek. I just watched it without expectations of Trek and it was much more enjoyable to watch. Wonder what will happen the 3rd time I see it :--)

It was too hot to wear our uniforms to the show, so we opted for Trek t-shirts instead. Hopefully we looked better than we did in this photo Gina took of us. Sheesh...at least you do get to see my cool new hat from the IMAX experience.

No comments: