Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Fence - More Security

Finally got the new fence installed yesterday between us and the neighbors that recently acquired a pit bull pup. Looks good doesn't it?



Extra board at the bottom should help when both sets of dogs try to attack one another through the fence.



Only casualty was the cactus that hung on the old fence, but it found a new home on the steel easel that blends in well don't you think?



Striking contrast between the old and the new fence pickets. I'm thinking about just buying new pickets and nailing them myself to the old infrastructure, but Gina says I'm not butch enough to pull it off :--(



At least I have a green thumb - look how pretty my flowers are!

2 comments:

Jessica Moore said...

you're definitely butch enough! heck, I'm butch enough! just tie a string to the top of the post on either end so that you have a guide to line-up your new planks, then two nails to the top and two to the bottom. easy!

Dr. Root said...

I appreciate your confidence! I think it might be awhile before we can afford to get the additional pickets, but I feel inspired that I can indeed pull it off.