Monday, April 13, 2009

Back Burner Breakfast Bonanza

Our last day of the visit, Uncle Herb took Mom & me to a fantastic restaurant, the Back Burner, for breakfast.


Service was excellent and the place is very cute with all kinds of art on the wall for sale. Being the great art critic I am, I inquired as to the price of what turned out to be a light fixture :--)
Nonetheless, the food was the kind that Daddy would have loved. Here's what Uncle Herb ordered - the Cowboy special:


That big hunk of meat is actually a sausage patty!

Mom opted for 2 a la carte items - the Maple cinnamon bun and the biggest biscuit & gravy I've ever seen! Mom had already eaten half of both her items by the time I took this photo.


Trying to stay true to my 100-day challenge to eat healthy, I chose the Eggs Arnold (no Benedict, which means there was none of the Hollandaise type sauce on those poached eggs) and 3 slices of tomato. Yea me!


Although Aunt Beti couldn't go with us - she's pretty much homebound because of the oxygen she must have - Uncle Herb brought her a wonderful to go order. Here's what she had:


No comments: