Sunday, February 15, 2009

Court date set for Porch Boy's Attacker

April 28 I will be presenting my evidence against Aurysia Evans in hopes of winning a verdict that will force her to pay for damages done by her Pit Bull. I sent her a letter offering to settle out of court, but she never even picked up my previous letters. This time I sent one via certified mail and one via regular mail. Maybe she will respond to the one I sent via regular mail. I sure hope so.

I have photos of Porch Boy's injuries, the vet bills, an eye witness' testimony, and Ms. Evans own admission that the dog had escaped the back yard the morning that P Boy was attacked. All of that, plus the fact that the dog had killed another neighbor's poodle, I think gives me the advantage in winning this case.

Am I being vengeful even though she had the Pit Bull put down by the County Animal Control? I don't think so. I am merely asking for her to reimburse the monetary losses I incurred because she did not keep a dangerous animal under control. To me, that's not vengeance. It's justice.

No comments: